The Advanced Ridercourse - Sportbike Techniques (}ARC-ST) is a course designed for experienced motorcycle riders. For the purposes of this course, an experienced rider is one who has basic skills and is a current rider with a motorcycle license or endorsement. Special emphasis is given to self-assessment, risk management, rider behavior, riding strategies and overall skill development, particularly in braking, cornering ans swerving procedures and techniques.
The ARC-ST has approximately 3 hrs of classroom activities and 5 hrs. of riding time.
The ARC-ST is a training opportunity that supports ongoing efforts related to motorcycle safety initiatives, as it is designed to foster safety renewal and safety improvement for riders. Although this course is based on sport bike riding techniques, it can improve safety awareness of any rider who chooses motorcycling as a serious for of transportation.
The overall aim of the ARC-ST is to provide a program for rider development in the areas of risk management, decision making, riding strategies and rider behavior choices. This include initiatives and learning experiences to foster rider gains in knowledge, skill, attitude, values and habits.
- Must have a motorcycle endorsement on your license.
- Must provide your own motorcycle for riding in the course.
- Bring your own DOT approved helmet
- Students must provide proper riding attire, to include…
long-sleeve shirt, top, or jacket
long pants (preferably denim jeans)
over ankle boots.
- If it rains the day of your class, we will still ride. You may want to invest in an inexpensive two piece rain suit.